Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

My child is will be 21 months in October. Can he/she start the program in September?
Your child may begin during the fall semester if he/she is developmentally ready. Please contact us at 645-2379, to discuss enrolling your child prior to 21 months of age.

Do you provide any food to my child while at the ECRC?
Yes, we provide a nutritious snack midway through each session. Parents of children attending the full day session must provide their lunch. Please let us know if there are any foods your child may not have. We accommodate all health, religious, and philosophical nutrition needs of our children.

My child has food allergies. What precautions are taken to protect him/her?
We request allergy/food restriction information on the enrollment form and a new “Allergy List” is developed each semester. All teachers are made aware of any allergies in the ECRC classes and the “Allergy List” is posted in the classrooms and kitchen area.

Where are you located?
We are located at 15 Baldy Hall on UB’s north campus.  See Directions page.

What should we bring on the first day of school?
Please bring a complete change of clothes, including socks and shoes, on the first day. You may leave it in your child’s cubby or bring it back and forth each day. You will also need to supply diapers or pull-ups and wipes if your child uses them.

When are tuition payments due?
We require a non-refundable $150.00 deposit at enrollment, which is deducted from the total tuition. Payments are due throughout the semester. During the fall semester, payments are due on September 10th, October 10th, and November 10th. In the spring, payments are due on January 20th, February 20th, and March 20th. One third of the total bill for the semester is due on each of the stated dates. During our 12-week summer session, half of your balance is due on June 25th and the remainder is due on July 25th. You may also pay in full at any time.

Are you hiring teachers or assistants at the ECRC?
Our teachers are Early Childhood Education graduate students that receive an assistantship through the Graduate School of Education. Teaching assistants are selected from undergraduate students who have completed an internship at the ECRC.

I need community service hours. Can I volunteer at the ECRC?
Yes, you may stop in or email with your request and we will set up an interview.